The enquiry for this load cell was initially received through our web site enquiry form. The enquiry was from a well known and large ship and offshore operations company from Brazil. They had been looking at various load cell types, however, what they really wanted was a shackle style load cell to make mounting easier and to fit within their existing cable path. Other load cell types would have been too intrusive.
The main criteria we were given was as follows:
- The load cell had to be suitable for submersion in sea water to a maximum depth of 45 metres
- The construction had to be robust for use in an offshore environment
- Had to be manufactured with using a high quality shackle, with full traceability
- Different cable length were required to enable a straight cable run from each installation point (6 load cell in total)
- They had to be supplied with a battery powered handheld display
- Had to be despatched to their UK freight company within 4 weeks
- 85te Subsea Load Shackle
- Each shackle was supplied with our TR150 handheld battery powered display
- Greenpin G4153 Bow Shackle
- Permanently submersible to 45 metres
- Stainless steel comined anti-rotation bracket and cable protector
- The complete system was supplied fully calibrated and issued with certificates, traceable to UKAS
- Totally welded construction for long term reliability
- Used the existing shackle pin, for added traceability
- Various cable lengths, to suit the customers requirements
The LCM3511 was designed using the standard SHK-B load cell as the basis of the product. Using our experience, which has been gained from more than 25 years experience in manufacturing load cells for harsh environments, we were able to have this custom product designed and manufactured in 4 weeks.
The LCM3511 is typical of many of the custom design products we manufacture, in that, our client identified a standard product from our range, which they thought would almost met their requirements. In discussing these requirements with our Engineers, we ensured it did.
LCM Systems offer a wide range of standard shackle load cells and also have an extensive selection of custom design versions, which could also be used to satisfy other applications. Many of these products are supplied with our TR150 handheld battery powered indicator, with built in analogue signal conditioning, digital outputs or with wireless telemetry.
We have manufactured shackle load cells based on many different shackle manufacturers' products, including; Crosby, Van-Beest, GN Rope to name a few.