LCM3782 85te Tonsberg Wireless Mooring Load Link
The initial enquiry was received through our website from a multi-national marine engineering company, based in Canada. They had seen our standard TELSHACK-B product, but it did not suit their requirements precisely.
They liked the principle of a wireless telemetry shackle, but wanted to measure ship docking tension on a winch and the load cell had to handled by one person. This was hard to achieve with a conventional shackle, when the measurement range is 85te. A more compact solution was needed.
The main criteria we were given was as follows:
- The load cell had to be a shackle style load cell
- It had to be light enough for a single operator to lift manually.
- The construction had to be robust for use in an offshore and heavy industrial environment.
- Full traceability was required on all materials.
- The solution had to be wireless, to eliminate trailing cables
- 85te Tonsberg Mooring Link
- A handheld battery powered display was supplied, with a gross/net facility
- Load link and shackle hybrid
- Mooring tension measurement
- Rubust construction, offering IP67 sealing
- Stainless steel load pin
- The complete system was supplied fully calibrated and issued with certificates, traceable to UKAS
- The wireless telemetry housing was constructed from stainless steel